Saturday, June 7, 2008

How We Met!

Okay. We keep getting asked how we met and all the details. So I thought I would write a blog about it. Any comments by Adam will be in ( ). It hasn't been very long, but we are excited about it. We met on Mother's day! I know not very long ago. We talked for about a half hour and learned that he knows my sister-in-law. He couldn't remember exactly what she looked like, so we decided he'd come over the next night to look at pictures. We ended up talking for eight and a half hours on Monday night! It was great. We were up until 4:30! While we were talking I put my number in his phone.
So on Tuesday I get a text from a number I didn't recognize and it was Adam. He had been looking through his contacts to call someone else and saw my name. We texted through the day and he asked me out. He picked me up that night and we went miniature golfing. It was a blast! And of course I won golfing (and his heart). :) We went to eat at Ruby Tuesday, and we split a meal. I loved it. Anyone who knows me, lately I don't eat a full meal. So when we were done, we went to his apartment and watched a movie. Adam likes to have a sweet any time of the day, so he wanted to make brownies, but we were still full. So we watched the movie. At one point he tried to kiss me, but I denied him. We won't get into why, but I had just recently gotten out of a relationship and wasn't quite ready. But I really did want to kiss him. So after us trying to kiss a couple times(or 5), we finally kissed. It was great!! When we did kiss, we knew something was different. Well I finally got home in the early morning. But because of the lack of sleep on Monday night, and no sleep on Tuesday night, I was feeling very ill. So I called in sick to work. I texted Adam and he came over after a little bit. We just talked and took a nap. After talking for awhile we decided this was really different, and we decided to get married.
He is the most amazing man I have ever met. He treats me like a princess and does the things he knows I love. Our personalities are a little different but we are learning. We agree on a lot of things, some things we need to talk about but it's fun doing it together. Anyways, that's the story, at least part of it.

Please email us your addresses so we can send you an announcement!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Michael and Tara Maxwell
16636 N 58th St #1092
Scottsdale, AZ 85254


CoNgRaTs again to you both!! :)

April said...

I called it!!! :)
Congrats to both of you!

The Kunz Family said...

Ahh what a sweet story! Congrats

Tera said...

Hey, what about pictures of the 2 of you?! Congratulations!

Amy said...

Holy cow!! Hooray hooray!! :) :)

Yes, I want to see pictures too--I know you're gorgeous, but I want to see the lucky guy. :) Um, and your gorgeousness, of course!

whitneys said...

i don't doubt that april called it at all. anyway i'm super excited for you both!!

Tiff whitney

*ehu. said...

Awww, what a cute cute story!!