Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby on the way

So we had our second doctor's appt yesterday. I was really excited because we were suppose to hear the heartbeat. I am seeing a PA right now until I decide what doctor I want to see in the office. She tried to find the heartbeat for about 10 minutes with no luck. She just kept assuring me that this didn't mean something was wrong. I was worried anyways. Another doctor came in and he couldn't find the heartbeat either, so they decided to do an ultrasound. That was amazing. It was a very quick one, but we could just see the baby turing and flipping around. It turns out that I am a week further than I thought. Originally my due date was 10-10-10, which we thought was pretty cool, but after the ultrasound, it was changed to 9-30-10. So I am 13 weeks right now and very excited. We really don't have a preference to a boy or a girl right now. I can see either being wonderful. I have my ultrasound scheduled May 18th to find out the sex of the baby. I am excited because my mom will be able to be here for the ultrasound. We are just excited to move onto this next stage in our lives. A little scared, but completely worth it.

3 comments:

April said...

So happy for you! Congrats!

Tami Crafty Corner said...

Congratulations you guys that is so exciting! Be sure to post when you know what the sex is. Congrats Alysha! I'm very happy for you.

Tera said...

I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats. What a wonderful blessing. I hope all goes well. Can't wait to read updates.